Canada, being the second-largest country in the world, is the most preferred educational destination. Most of the students who want to pursue their higher studies from a foreign country choose Canada at first. Let us look at some points which bring so much of the student population to this country.
- The quality of Canadian education matches the education of world-class institutions. The universities of Canada are recognized globally. There is an endless number of universities in Canada which invites more students.
- All of the universities, schools or institutions provide the best quality of education to the students. That is why a Canadian student is preferred more by employers.
- The second most important thing, education quality being the first, is the tuition fee. People look for the destinations which have great institutions and are affordable to live as well as study. One of the reasons why Canada attracts most of the students is that it is affordable as compared to other international places. An individual can afford the daily needs, the living expense, as well as the tuition fee undoubtedly.
- One of the fabulous thing that can help students financially in Canada is that they can work while they study. Students in Canada are allowed to work 20 hours per week. They can attend their colleges and earn simultaneously. It depends upon them whether they are working inside or outside the campus. In some cases, it also depends on the work permit of the institution. It makes it easier for the students to manage their expenses by themselves.
- When a person moves to a new country, it is very tough to cope with the whole new environment and meet with unknown faces. But a positive point about Canada is that the place and the people are both welcoming. The Canadian culture will make you comfortable as soon as you enter the country. The country will be familiar to you once you explore it and meet new people. One more plus point about the place is that most of its population are students from different parts of the world, so there is no chance of feeling left out.
- After graduating from Canada, you'll be open to many opportunities as Canadian degrees are recognized and preferred worldwide. The universities of Canada are renowned for their quality of education, their features and faculty. Due to their level of excellence, employers like to hire candidates from Canadian universities.
These are the major attractions that will clear your dilemma to choose a Canadian University for your further studies. Also, it is always a good thing to explore a new country and get to know about it. Living in Canada for your education period will give you a lot of chances to hike new places.
The Arrowood counsellors will guide you about every detail for applying for a Canadian university. They will assist you with the complete application process and will be there until you immigrate to your desired college.
Top Universities of Canada (According to QS World University Rankings 2020)
- University of Toronto
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Alberta
- University De Montreal
- McMaster University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- University of Calgary
- Queen's University
Top Courses offered By Universities of Canada
- Computer Science and IT
- Business and Finance
- Core Engineering and Engineering Management
- Agriculture Science and Forestry
- Hospitality Management
- Psychology and Human Resources
- Media and Journalism
Procedure to apply for Canadian Universities
You do not always have the same procedure to follow for every college/university. It depends from college to college that what are their requirements for the student’s application. You need to check out the requirements of the university you have chosen. The basic requirements include Language Requirements, Application for the admission, and related documents. Some colleges also ask you to fill answers of two to three questions based on which they would shortlist you.
You need to keep all the documents prepared when you are applying to a foreign university which includes:
*International Students also need to have an ECA to prove that the level of your educational qualification is the same as Canada.
- 12th or diploma certificate
- Highest qualification mark sheets
- Course completion certificate
- Application form for your course
- Well built CV
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Language Results ( IELTS/TOEFL/PTE and GRE/GMAT)
- Letters of Employment or Experience (if needed)
- Proof of funds for the living
Study Visa for Canada
To apply for a Study Visa, you need to fulfil some criteria.
- A designated university/college has approved your application.
- You have enough funds to afford your living expense in Canada.
- Clean criminal background.
- Health certificate.
Presently, there are three types of Visa system prevalent for Study Visa:
- Visa under SDS system
- Visa under the University system
- Visa under Non-SDS system
What is SDS program?
IRC, Canada launched the SDS program for Canada in India in June 2018. This program enables fast Visa approval and study permit to eligible Indian students through which they will get the opportunity to study in a Canadian Institute.
Eligibility Criteria for the SDS program
- Minimum 6.0 band score in all the papers of IELTS language test (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
- Candidate medical examination before one week of the application submission.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10000.
- Payment of 1-year tuition fees at a DLI in Canada.
- Acceptance by an eligible post at DLI, Canada.
- Students need to apply online for the SDS program. There is no paper application required under SDS.
- Faster application process.
- Faster Visa approval
- More opportunities for eligible students
- Alternative for SPP in India
- Less documentation process
SPP is an arrangement between some of the Canadian Colleges and Canadian High Commission in India which provides faster and easier Visa process to the Indian students. The Non-SPP program is sightly different from the SP as you have to submit more detailed documents for funds. Rather than GIC, your bank statements, investments and the student loan work as the financial proof for funds.
Documents you require to show for Non-SPP Visa application
- Letter of acceptance from the college you have chosen.
- IELTS mark sheet to show that you have scored 6.0 band. score overall for undergraduate level or 6.5 band score for postgraduate courses with no band score less than 6.0
- The maximum qualification mark sheet and certificate with minimum 50% score of postgraduates.
- Work experience certificate( if any)
- 1-year tuition fee receipt
- Proof of funds ( bank statement, investments, education loan etc.)
- Income Tax return documents of the student or the sponsor for the income proof.
- Valid Medical test reports.
- Visa fee of $150.
Students also get the work opportunity after their studies in Canada. They are allowed to work after completion of their education. They have permission to work for one to three years, depending on the duration of their studies. But the students from Non-SDS colleges are not given the work permit.